Monday, January 17, 2011

My Addiction To DIY

Tomorrow we will have been in our new house for 2 whole weeks! I'm not sure when I'll feel like we're completely settled in. Maybe when I stop coming up with decorating ideas and can just live comfortably with what we have? lol I always have so many projects running around in my head of things I'd like to improve here without compromising the rule of keeping the house in original condition. If anyone has any ideas for hanging wallpaper without actually pasting it to the wall, let me know. We're currently researching how to paint our kitchen table. Most of the table is black painted metal with a wood top and glass inlays. I'm pretty sure we could figure out how to paint the wood table top, but we're unsure of the best way to paint the metal parts while matching the table top. I have tons of fabric that I can use for recovering the seats. I love decorating - especially DIY. I have a feeling that even if I can complete all the projects I have floating around in my head, I would come up with more I'd love to do. So perhaps having these DIY ideas is us settling in. :) We're ready to move on from what we have to making it reflect our personalities.

Today my parents bought me an early birthday gift (only early because it's on sale this week). I am really in love with it and so happy that my search for the perfect sewing table is over. It has shelves to stuff my fabric in and a lovely drawer for my scissors, rotary tool, ribbon and other sewing tools. While Target considers it a "child's desk", it was definitely large enough for an adult. I think we may have purchased it at just the right time. We picked up the very last white one in the store and now they're even out of stock online. Now I'll be on the hunt for a perfect chair to match.

Oh, and while I've got you on the Target website, I discovered this beautiful crock pot today. I have no use for it because a friend of mine recently got us one as a housewarming gift. But gosh... is it not beautiful?

 My brain is on DIY decorating overload (which I love). And for now I'll be taking it all out on my sewing machine - which is a good thing. I love to find projects to dissect and create again on my own. So far I've created corn therapy bags and a Velcro coffee cozy. I've also figured out (but haven't constructed) pot holders, tea towels, reusable shopping bags, and pocket tissue holders. Oh, and my friend J brought over some fingerless gloves made from sweatshirts. I think I have those figured out but don't have extra sweatshirts to tear up right now.

Tomorrow I will start construction on a patchwork sewing machine cover.This is the project I decided on for the vintage fabric I purchased at the end of last week.

What are your inspirations and projects for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment