Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bluegrass Lovin'

Garden & Gun magazine. Hands down - my favorite magazine subscription. It is a Southern lifestyle magazine that's all about the magic of the new South – the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people, and the ideas.

In the issue I received yesterday, there was a huge article about Bluegrass Nation (I guess bluegrass bands are becoming quite popular - which makes me equally sad and happy - happy because I love bluegrass and sad because I don't want to see it overdone by people who shouldn't be doing it).

Hubs and I sat at the computer for about 2 hours looking up the bands listed in the article on youtube and watching all of their videos (they list 25 artists). There were a few bands I was less than thrilled about. However - there were quite a few that were uh-may-zing! I'm only going to share one of them with you tonight (the rest later). Trust me that the decision on which one to start with is a tough one. It's like choosing a favorite child. Impossible. So I wrote down my favorites, closed my eyes and pointed to the paper.

Introducing Pokey LaFarge: "LaLaBlues. You won't believe the voice that comes out of this dude's mouth!





No comments:

Post a Comment