Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Imperfections

Imperfections. Oh goodness. If only we accepted them in ourselves as much as God accepts them in us....

One thing I love about imperfections is that it really shows you what kind of friendships you have. For example, have you ever visited with a friend and not bothered with makeup? Have you ever been around a friend wearing the same clothes two days in a row? Have you ever been around a friend and not cared that your house was clean? Have you ever been around a friend and no longer cared about what they thought of you because you already knew they loved you for you?

It's been such a very long long long time since I've had friends like that. I'm blessed to have a couple of friends in my life like that right now. I adore these friends more than any of these words could describe. I'm having a play date with one of them tomorrow and I just now (at 9pm) realized how awfully messy my house is.

There is absolutely no walk room in my girls' room. It's a disaster to say the least. There are dirty clothes all over the hallway waiting to be washed. But I can't wash them because the laundry room is messy with dog stuff that needs to be cleaned first. We're constantly washing dishes in the kitchen but there's always another pile in the sink to be washed. The living room and dining room are also disasters (not as bad as the girls' room) because of rearranging things around the house over the weekend. We need to move stuff out to storage and it will make it looks tons better, but there's still a bit of clutter that needs to be dealt with. I'm pretty sure I can't get around to cleaning all of it before she arrives with her girls tomorrow.

But you know what? I was so stinkin' excited that I'm having this friend come over with her little girls to play and have lunch with us that I never bothered looking around the house at all the mess. I know she loves us just the way we are. To see us living in such clutter and mess won't change her opinion of us. It won't make her love us any less. I can even guarantee you that she would still come over again if I asked her to.

I'm so lucky to have more than one friend that loves me this much. I'm so lucky to have more than one friend who loves me for me and isn't influenced by whatever junk is around me.

You know there is a lesson in this. But I'm going to let you figure that one out on your own while you watch this video.


2 comments:

  1. I'ma give a hollah shout out for true friends! So glad to know you and your family. We were once people who had friendships based on looks and how well put together we and they were. After a lot of life we see our loved ones as the amazing Christ placed relationships they are. Here's to being a beautiful mess! This is the second JJ Heller song you've forced me to fall in love with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I'm glad you like her stuff. There's so much more where that came from. Oh, and she craft/design blogs (http://www.thelovelylittlethings.blogspot.com). Oops. I may have said to much. *grin*

    ReplyDelete