Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Decisions

The year of hard decisions. That's what 2011 is turning out to be for us. While that may sound like a lot of bad things are going on (and I guess they sometimes are)... we're really not looking at it like that.

The best part about making hard decisions is that there's an outcome on the other side of that decision that we're all okay with. I won't go into detail on all of the hard decisions we've made this year, but there have been quite a few big ones as well as some we're still trying to figure out.

There was one very recently that I'm still having a hard time dealing with. I know praying about this and discussing it with my husband that I made the right decision for us right now. But sometimes these decisions aren't always what I really want.

That's just life. In the words of The Rolling Stones, "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need."

I thank the good Lord above for always watching out for us and always answering prayers. It may not always be the answered prayer I was looking for, but all our prayers get answered. I'm so glad that He knows better than I do.

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed.
Jeremiah 29:11-13 The Message


(This video is from my church 4 months ago during a series called "Rock for the Rock".
The picture is blurry, but a great message I think you may like.)





ROCK for the ROCK: Week Three
from Darin Hamm on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment