Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WWJD?

WWJD?

I have seen this posted all over my Facebook and Twitter pages more times this week than I have in a whole year. I remember the bracelets being so popular in the 1990s. It might be making a comeback or I might have just fallen off the bandwagon for a couple of decades and not realized it never went out of style.

Whatever happened there, I am seeing it being overused and used in ridiculous situations.

I do love reading about Jesus and the life He lived on this Earth. I understand that we should live our lives as close to the way He lived His as possible.

"Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did." 1John 2:6
"And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the Day of Judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world." 1John 4:17

That being said, our world is so different now than it was the years Jesus walked the Earth that we can't possibly know what Jesus would really do in every life situation. We couldn't possibly know if Jesus would lay out in the snow in his bathing suit to have a good time. We couldn't possibly know if Jesus would prefer an iPhone or Android. There's no way to tell what television shows He would be interested in or if He would start each day with a cup of coffee. Would He agree that Starbucks is overpriced? 
 
Some things are just a little ridiculous to think about and I think we need to stop overusing the phrase so much. It's getting a little out of hand. Let's stick to what we know about the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment