Friday, February 4, 2011

An Inspiring Week

I've been completely out of sorts this week. You'd think being snowed in for a week, I would have found tons of things online that inspire me. But that's not the case. I actually struggled to find inspiration this week. What I did find, I think is really great, but wish there was a little more to share with you.

First up... is this recipe for Barbecue Chili with Corn. Why? Well other than the fact it sounds delicious, there are actually no bottles of BBQ sauce that go into this. The barbecue flavor is all in the ingredients. I'm sure there's some sauce in the can of beans, but not an entire bottle like I would have expected. It's also less than 500 calories per serving.

I've been making tons of these reuseable grocery bags from old tshirts and even some little purse/bags for my girls using their old shirts. It's kept me sane and hopefully I'll be able to sell some to make up for hubs not being able to work much this week due to the blizzard that rolled through and snowed us all in. How much would you pay?

This pillow is soooo adorable! One of these days I'll have great sewing skills like this... but for now I'm happy to have made my patchwork sewing machine cover. This pillow overwhelms me at the moment.

This Cow Bento would surely get my children to eat healthier, right? They do actually eat pretty healthy but there are days they get in these crazy moods and refuse all food and it makes me sad. This would cheer us all up for sure. I need a cow cookie cutter ASAP!


I'm pretty sure this patchwork chair from Urban Outfitters would be perfect for the little space we do have left for extra seating. I want extra seating in our living room so badly, but without putting the couch in front of the window (which I hate for so many reasons) there's just a little open corner for a chair. This would do the trick without sucking up floor space. And I love that it's patchwork which inspires me to sew more often. Alas, I do not have $250 to spend on it. It would be a splurge to spend $50.  I do have a birthday coming up and if anyone out there has an extra $250 to spend, I'll give you my address where you can have it shipped. :)


And um.... this is quite possibly the funniest commercial I've seen in a while. It brings me back to happy memories of my childhood. Even if it doesn't do that for you... it's soooooooooo stinkin' cute!







So let's hear it! What inspired you this week?

1 comment:

  1. Love that pillow! I have always wanted to undertake a detailed quilt for Tony's mom but I'm afraid of the failure that would result. I had no idea what a Bento was until I read this blog ha ha, i am so out of the loop...always :)

    ReplyDelete