Friday, February 11, 2011

Wishful Living

I fell off the web earlier this week when our heater decided to stop working despite the -15 degree weather outside (and no, that's not wind chill). It was awful. We've had a family friend come take a look at it and our landlords sent a heater guy out twice to try and fix it. I'm honestly not even sure that what we decided the problem was, is really the problem. If it is true, it's an awful truth and I don't understand why we even have a heater like this if it's probably going to freeze up and not work when we really need it to. That's quite a long story I'm too exhausted to tell.

The good news is that I'm back for another dose of Wishful Living. It couldn't have come at a better time. Don't get me wrong, I love our little old house. However, it was/is definitely the last place I want to be when the heater stops working. So here we go......



Today was the wedding anniversary for my pastor and his wife. They have done SO much for my family that I raised my hand more quickly and eagerly than a teacher's pet when they asked if anyone could watch their tween/teen kids this afternoon so they could go to a movie. It's not often we find great opportunities where we can give back to others in need - but this we could do. I'm so glad he let them come over despite the age difference of our children. My girls adore his kids so much. His kids are 4th grade, 6th grade, and 7th graders. It was good to hang with them and get to know them better. My girls just adore my pastor's kids. They really look up to them, which is cool to see them have great role models.

That being said, we're trying to get better connected with tweens/teens. There's a generation there who will be leading my children through their lives. It's a generation I don't know a lot about.

So this week, I'm wishfully living in this teen/tween room in an attempt to better understand them. I think this is something my girls would love (minus the Barbie logo on the beds - which I think they'll outgrow by then).



And this is probably close to the carefree joy of what living in their room would sound like....




No comments:

Post a Comment