Saturday, February 19, 2011

An Inspiring Week

It's 9:45pm and I should be cleaning the house like crazy because my in laws are in town and want to come over tomorrow to see our new place. It's such a wreck in here. This is a lot more fun though, so here I am. :)

I don't know if it's the weather or the stress in my life but I'm finding it harder and harder to find inspiration in things. Maybe all of you should suggest some new blogs or websites that you think I might enjoy. In the meantime, here's what I've discovered that was worthy to share with you.

These cityscape stamps are lovely. I do not "stamp" for a hobby, but I am starting to really enjoy it and could see myself getting deeper and deeper into creating more things using stamps. I received a set of alphabet stamps for my birthday and I am loving them. It's so much fun to create little homemade cards or stamp names on things - like my daughter's valentines to her classmates. I could have so much more fun adding these to some cards or artwork.


While it's not really not something I can be creative with, this dress does make me want to cut loose from everything going on in my life and get all dolled up and have a night out on the town for no reason at all. I'm certainly not as spontaneous as I used to be, and at this price, I don't think I'll be planning that night out on the town any time soon. Still, it's gorgeous and I am coming up with so many ideas in my head of places I'd love to wear it. So I guess it really does inspire some creativity.



I'm still on the search for a way to make my bathroom completely perfect to my vintage tastes. I'm always on the lookout for the perfect (affordable) mirror and I may have found it thanks to this fabulous tutorial on creating your own "antique" mirror. What do you think?

before

after

And while I'm at it, I think this tutorial would be fabulous for creating some cheap but beautiful wall art. Wall art can be SO expensive, but finding the right frame at the thrift store, maybe a couple of coats of paint, and the right vintage or cheap fabric can bring you something beautiful for so much less than store bought wall art.



And umm... that's about it for this week. It's been a long week here on Birch Street but I have definitely been inspired to get out this week and see what catches my eye.



What inspired you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment