Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day Project

Our suburb literally shut down today. Our police department actually mentioned that snow plows were going to take care of major roadways but that they would only be open for emergency personel. Everyone else was to stay indoors. Many are stuck at work. Those who were stuck on the road were rescued and taken to the local community center where they will spend at least one night. There were no rides home. The rest of us are staying warm in our homes. We ended up with at least 21 inches of snow and between 3-5 foot snow drifts. Too much snow, however, for the kiddos to go play in.

So what did I do? I finished up my patchwork sewing machine cover (using my vintage fabric). I really love how it turned out. What do you think? I think my sewing machine will be happy staying warm this winter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment